We all know (most likely from personal experience) that just because a beauty product works wonders for your neighbor’s or friend’s normal skin doesn't mean it will work the same magic for you. That's because we all have different skin types, each requiring a unique set of properties and characteristics from a product formulation. At OneSkin, we take pride in creating skin care products for all skin types.
SEP 17, 2021
Ideally, a well-formulated skincare product will target its benefits on the skin’s common biological functions (i.e. damage repair, barrier function, etc), while avoiding ingredients that might upset each type of skin to ensure compatibility with as many skin types as possible; however, this takes carefully sourced ingredients and a significant investment in formulating, testing, and reformulating a product - something that not all skincare brands take the time to do. Fortunately, OS-01 Topical Supplement was developed and tested over five years on a diverse range of 3D skin models grown in the OneSkin lab and ex vivo skins (skin on real humans) to ensure optimal performance on practically any skin type.
We understand that everyone has different skin concerns. Some people are prone to breakouts, dark spots, fine lines, dehydrated skin, or experience inflammation and redness. Whatever your skin concern may be, here’s how OS-01 Topical Supplement works with most skin types.
01 How OS-01 Can Be An All-In-One Skincare Solution
The primary active ingredient in OneSkin's OS-01 Topical Supplement is its proprietary peptide, OS-01. At its core, OS-01 functions at the molecular level to reduce the accumulation of senescent cells (aged and damaged cells) by supporting cellular repair mechanisms - something that every skin type will undoubtedly benefit from. Because OneSkin’s proprietary peptide, OS-01, targets biological mechanisms at the cellular level that are common to all skin, the OS-01 peptide itself will work on all skin types.
OneFact The OS-01 peptide stimulates your skin’s natural ability to produce collagen and hyaluronic acid, causing skin to function like younger skin! Therefore, during the formulation development process, OneSkin’s R&D team turned their focus to the other ingredients within the OS-01 Topical Supplement in order to ensure compatibility with all skin types, as those ingredients were the ones with the potential to either upset or soothe each skin type. This is what drove OneSkin’s R&D team to put such significant resources behind formulating dozens of iterations and testing them on skin both in the lab and in real life with several rounds of beta testing and a third party clinical trial, before landing on the final product.
The final formulation of OS-01 Topical Supplement achieved its goal of being compatible with all skin types via a unique cocktail of thoughtfully, ethically, and sustainably sourced ingredients, including Pracaxi Oil, Oleic Pau Mulato extract, Squalane, and more, making it ideal for dry, oily, and easily irritated skin.,,,
Bonus: Learn about how skin health affects your overall health and longevity.
02 How OS-01 Works For Different Skin Types
If you’ve spent any time analyzing your own skin, you probably already know that different skin types exist; the primary three being sensitive, dry, and oily skin.
There's also combination skin which, as the name suggests, is a combination of oily and dry skin, in which the T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin) is oily, and the cheeks are dry. Nevertheless, combination skin is still a mixture of dry and oily skin types and will not be discussed in detail in this section, but instead discussed separately in the "dry skin" and "oily skin" sections. Not to worry, because, spoiler alert, OS-01 works with both skin types, making it a great addition for your skin care routine!
Below are the three primary skin types and a discussion on how OS-01 Topical Supplement achieves compatibility with each:
- Sensitive Skin
Sensitive skin tends to be extra reactive to common ingredients in beauty products, resulting in inflammation, itching, redness, and other irritating symptoms. People with this skin type may find it difficult or frustrating to find products that work with their skin, as the trial and error process can negatively impact their daily lives, leaving them potentially distrustful of trying new products and often forcing them to compromise on effectiveness to maintain their skin’s health.
Fortunately, OS-01 Topical Supplement was designed to be gentle and suit all skin types, including sensitive and problematic skin. The ingredients within its formulation are clean, vegan, and thoughtfully selected to create a safe and highly effective formula. Of particular note, the OS-01 Topical Supplement doesn't contain any common irritants like fragrances and parabens, and can even be worn underneath sunscreen or makeup. Additionally, it contains three sizes of hyaluronic acid, which is known as a gold standard hydrating ingredient that works well with sensitive skin.
Therefore, if you find yourself reacting negatively to common beauty products, consider trying OS-01 Topical Supplement to experience skin health without compromising on effectiveness.
- Dry Skin
Dry skin is more common than sensitive skin, and at its most basic level, its primary characteristic is that your body's surface lacks moisture. A common way to deduce whether you possess this skin type is assessing whether your skin looks dull, dry, flaky, or lifeless - if you observe any of these characteristics, you probably have some level of dry skin.
Dry skin can be caused by a weak epidermal barrier, which allows for moisture to easily evaporate from the skin, causing skin to feel tight and look rough. The OS-01 peptide is proven to improve barrier function, helping your skin to retain moisture and reduce overall dryness.
Additionally, OS-01 Topical Supplement comes with vital ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid and Pracaxi Oil that lock moisture in the skin, allowing skin to stay hydrated for extended periods without the need for reapplication.,
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic Acid is considered a gold standard hydrating ingredient for its unparalleled ability to bind to water. In fact, it can bind up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making its enhanced presence in your skin a very effective way to retain moisture. That is why OS-01 Topical Supplement uses three sizes of Hyaluronic Acid to penetrate each layer of the skin.
- Ultra-Low Molecular Weight: Stimulates collagen production and maintains cells' ability to self renew.
- Low Molecular Weight: Improves moisture, strengthens the dermis, and maintains elastin.
- Infinite Molecular weight: Forms a physical barrier to retain moisture over time.
It’s also worth noting that the OS-01 peptide has been shown to promote your skin’s natural ability to produce hyaluronic acid, allowing OS-01 Topical Supplement’s formula to deliver lasting hydration to your skin.
Other noteworthy ingredients that contribute to OS-01 Topical Supplement’s hydrating properties include:
- Squalene Oil: A light multi-tasking oil that instantly hydrates and locks in essential moisture. *OneSkin’s squalane is derived from sugar cane to help save millions of sharks every year from unethical liver harvesting.
- Niacinamide: Known for its moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties, niacinamide enhances the tone and texture of the skin, as well as fights acne.
- Rosehip Oil: Not only does Rosehip Oil hydrate and moisturize the skin, but it also helps in exfoliating, brightening, reducing inflammation, and increasing collagen production.
- Allantoin: Pulls water into the outer layers of skin to moisturize and soothe irritated skin.
- Oily Skin
Oily skin can be caused by genetics and by your environment. Overactive sebaceous glands (glands that product oil) along with the propensity to host larger pores on your skin are both genetic factors that can cause people to experience an oily skin type. Additionally, hormones, age, nutrition, and environment can impact oil production in the skin. Unfortunately, individuals with such skin types are prone to acne, as dirt and dead skin cells are attracted to and collect on excess oil.
Naturally, such individuals require hydrating products that don’t unnecessarily contribute to the oil content on their skin, and fortunately, OS-01 Topical Supplement excels in this category. It was formulated with only light oils that condition the skin without being too heavy and includes hydrating ingredients that are water-based, such as hyaluronic acid, for maximum penetration and moisture retention.
Finally, it’s worth noting that OS-01 Topical Supplement is safe to incorporate with all other products and ingredients in your skincare routine. Therefore, if you've already found a product that works well with your skin type and are not ready to eliminate it from your skincare routine quite yet, don't fret! Just be sure to apply OS-01 as the first step in your routine directly after using your cleanser.
- Beauty products that claim to work for all skin types should be formulated with carefully sourced ingredients and extensively tested on various skin types to ensure compatibility with all skin types. Luckily, OS-01's formula was developed over five years and tested extensively on human skin to ensure compatibility with virtually any skin type. No matter your skin concern, OneSkin products will seamlessly fit into your skin care routine.
- OS-01 Topical Supplement's formula was designed to gently support all skin types, including sensitive and problematic skin. Its ingredients are clean, vegan, and selected to create a safe and highly effective formula.
-  https://www.oneskin.co/products/os-01
-  https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-20275/glycerin-topical/details
-  https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/bentonite-clay-benefits
-  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calycophyllum_spruceanum
-  https://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/pracaxi-oil/
-  https://skinkraft.com/blogs/articles/combination-skin
-  https://www.healthline.com/health/skin-disorders/sensitive-skin
-  https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/how-to-use-hyaluronic-acid
-  https://www.healthline.com/health/glycerin-for-skin-whitening#what-is-it
-  https://www.ah18c.com/en-us/oils-and-butters/pracaxi-oil-pracaxi%20oil
-  https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/sebum#:~:text=Sebum%20is%20an%20oily%2C%20waxy,moisturizes%2C%20and%20protects%20your%20skin.&text=As%20an%20article%20from%20Harvard,protective%20barrier%20against%20water%20evaporation.%E2%80%9D