By Felix Tajanko
APRIL 28, 2023
When evaluating sustainable and eco-friendly skin health products, you may notice moringa oil frequently – and for good reason. Moringa oil is a type of oil extracted from the seeds of the moringa oleifera tree, which contains many therapeutic benefits. This natural oil has been used in parts of Africa and Asia as a skin care and medicinal agent for thousands of years. This blog will bring you up to speed about the benefits you can expect from using moringa oil topically and how to best incorporate moringa oil in your skin health routine.
01 What is moringa oleifera seed extract?
02 What makes moringa oleifera seed extract an effective ingredient in skin topicals?
- Moisturizing: The oleic and behenic fatty acids help to draw moisture into the skin, hydrating skin and leaving it smooth and supple 3.
- Antioxidative: The antioxidants in moringa oil can help protect the skin from damage-causing free radicals, which are known to lead to premature aging and other skin problems 3.
- Skin soothing: The fatty acids and vitamins in moringa oil lend to its anti-inflammatory properties4.
- Wound healing: Treatment with moringa oil has been found to shorten the healing time of chronic skin wounds5.
- Regulating oil production: Moringa oil can help to balance the production of the skin's natural oils, called sebum. This is especially useful for those managing oily, combination, or acne-prone skin6.
- Antimicrobial: Moringa oil has been found to have antibacterial properties that protect against harmful strains of bacteria and microorganisms on the skin7.
- May help lessen the appearance of scars: The vitamin E found in moringa oil content has been shown to help to improve the appearance of scars when applied consistently for a substantial amount of time8.
03 What are the benefits of incorporating moringa oleifera seed extract into your skin routine?
04 Does moringa oleifera seed extract have anti-aging properties?
05 How can you incorporate moringa oleifera seed extract into your skin health routine?
06 How OneSkin uses moringa oil
- Moringa oil is hydrating, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, and may help boost collagen production in an effort to reverse skin aging and counteract any visible signs.
- Moringa oil can help to balance the production of the skin's natural oils, making it ideal for oily and acne-prone skin.
- Moringa oil’s hydrating and soothing properties complement the OS-01 peptide in OneSkin’s latest formulation, OS-01 EYE, specifically formulated for the delicate, commonly dry skin around the eyes.
By Felix Tajanko: Felix is studying Bioengineering at the University of California - San Diego and is passionate about scientific writing as well as the research of hormones and microhemodynamics.