By Kylie Nicholson
DEC 20, 2022
Skin is the largest organ of the human body. Like other bodily systems, aging can cause a decline in skin’s ability to function and self-rejuvenate, which will inevitably impact its healthy appearance. Establishing a skin care routine designed to target the root causes of aging rather than just the symptoms can benefit your skin’s health and appearance for years to come.
Can you repair aged skin? What is the most effective treatment for aging skin?
How do the benefits of the OS-01 peptide show up visibly? In a 12-week clinical study evaluating the efficacy of OS-01 FACE, which is a Topical Supplement powered by the OS-01 peptide, participants experienced significant improvements in skin barrier, elasticity, evenness, smoothness, and overall appearance.
How do you rejuvenate aging skin?
- Establish a consistent skin care routine: By establishing a scientifically-backed skin care regimen, you can promote skin to heal from damage and improve its defenses against further damage that can accelerate the appearance of aging.
- Changes in diet: Adding different types of healthy vitamins and minerals through diet is an effective way to give your body the nutrition it needs to heal. Some of the best foods for skin repair include fish for omega-3’s, bell peppers for beta carotene, and tomatoes for vitamin C.1
- Cleansing: As you may know, the benefits of cleansing your face daily are vast as this step in the process removes dirt, product buildup, and toxins that could accelerate skin damage and may be blocking topically applied beneficial ingredients from reaching the deeper layers of your mature skin.2
What is the best skin care routine for aging skin?
- Sunscreen: Regular use of sunscreen is instrumental in protecting your skin from damage caused by the UV rays of the sun, which cause up to 80% of visible signs of aging.3
- Cleanse: Cleansing your skin with a gentle gel cleanser at least once per day will remove built-up debris in order for your skin to fully absorb the ingredients from the rest of your routine.4
- Moisturize: Moisturizing the skin is important for maintaining a healthy skin barrier. Moisturizing also prevents dry skin and oily skin, and provides a conduit for ingredients in the moisturizer to reach the skin, such as the ingredients in OneSkin’s Topical Supplements, which are scientifically proven to address skin aging and improve skin texture.5
What are 4 steps for an aging skin care routine?
3. Use ingredients that target skin aging
*Measured by analyzing DNA methylation after exposing ex vivo human skin models to the OS-01 peptide, and using MolClock, a proprietary algorithm that predicts skin’s biological age based on DNA methylation
**Shown in in vitro fibroblast cultures from patient derived samples
***Shown in lab-grown ex vivo human skin models
- The ideal skin care regimen for aging skin includes cleansing, moisturizing, and using a sunscreen with sufficient SPF. For the best skin care regimen for aging skin, apply products with ingredients specifically designed to target the root causes of skin aging, such as OneSkin’s Topical Supplements, OS-01 FACE and OS-01 BODY
- The OS-01 peptide, which powers OneSkin’s Topical Supplements, is scientifically proven to reverse skin aging, making OneSkin’sTopical Supplements a great choice for aging skin.
By Kylie Nicholson: Kylie is studying Biosystems engineering at the University of California, San Diego. She is passionate about scientific writing and women's health research.